Thursday 1 September 2011

{Review} Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

Release Date:  4 January 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 512
Author: Dia Reeves
Buy the Book: Amazon
 
Kit and Fancy Cordelle are sisters of the best kind: best friends, best confidantes, and best accomplices. The daughters of the infamous Bonesaw Killer, Kit and Fancy are used to feeling like outsiders, and that’s just the way they like it. But in Portero, where the weird and wild run rampant, the Cordelle sisters are hardly the oddest or most dangerous creatures around.
It’s no surprise when Kit and Fancy start to give in to their deepest desire—the desire to kill. What starts as a fascination with slicing open and stitching up quickly spirals into a gratifying murder spree. Of course, the sisters aren’t killing just anyone, only the people who truly deserve it. But the girls have learned from the mistakes of their father, and know that a shred of evidence could get them caught. So when Fancy stumbles upon a mysterious and invisible doorway to another world, she opens a door to endless possibilities….
My Thoughts:
With great voice, characters you can’t help but come to love and a twisted and gruesome plot you cannot help but fall in love with this beautifully told yet horrific story.

I loved Kit and Fancy so much due to the fact that they are so protective of one another and with their attitudes being so different yet so similar in certain situations. They kill people who they believe deserve to die and it is disgusting yet so thrilling to read about. Now when I say thrilling I do not mean I would love to actually witness someone getting killed, what I mean is that the way in which Dia uses her words to create great visuals that seem surprisingly vivid and you cannot help but be drawn into this enticing world.

One of the things that really made me want to immerse myself even more into Kit and Fancy’s world was the setting and the way Dia Reeves described it and she even wrote the character’s dialogue so wonderfully with the setting’s colloquialism and such.

One down fall for me was the fact that this book was so long and yet I found that certain parts and aspects of the story were drawn out and the plot did move a little slowly for my tastes.

Never the less I urge you to try this book and I sure you will not be disappointed. I hope that if you do read this book that you will enjoy the gruesomeness and blood and whatever other nasty things you may find within the book’s pages. A wonderful job was truly done by Dia Reeves. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought this book sounded really unique. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it. I just could not get into this book. The plot was too all over the place for my taste.

    -Kat @ katmunster-reviews

    ReplyDelete