Saturday 10 September 2011

{Review} Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey

Release Date: 20 September 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: eARC
Pages: 304
Author: Amy Garvey
Buy the Book: Amazon
 When her boyfriend, Danny, is killed in a car accident, Wren can’t imagine living without him. Wild with grief, she uses the untamed powers she’s inherited to bring him back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy she once loved.

Wren has spent four months keeping Danny hidden, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school and somehow, inexplicably, he can sense her secret. Wren finds herself drawn to Gabriel, who is so much more alive than the ghost of the boy she loved. But Wren can’t turn her back on Danny or the choice she made for him—and she realizes she must find a way to make things right, even if it means breaking her own heart.

Amy Garvey’s transcendent teen debut is perfect for fans of Shiver and Beautiful Creatures. Wren’s unforgettable voice and story will stay with readers long after the last page is turned.
My Thoughts:
WOW! WOW! WOW! What a stunning book this was! Amy Garvey sure knows how to write a thrilling book that will have you hooked and emotional right from the beginning to the end! This to me was a brilliant debut.

A brilliant debut that had so much emotion and I loved every single word I read, although each page may rip your heart apart in some way or another you cannot help but love this story any way. This book is filled with emotion to the brim and with Amy’s writing it just makes this book absolutely exquisite.

With great description and a very enticing voice the words on the page seem extremely real and you will never understand how much I loved this book. It is written in present tense and this was really a first for me, I have obviously read books where the writing style is in first person point of view and the tense is presents, but those books were all Dystopias. The present tense and first person point of view had me hooked right from the beginning and was somewhat a refreshing and interesting way for me to read.

The characters are absolutely amazing and even though Danny may have annoyed me a bit with his clinginess, there was a reason for that and it made perfect sense for the story. Wren was a character that I found I could relate to instantly due to the fact that she had lost a loved one and so have I, I have lost many but the point is that she got to bring him back!

Yes this book is about zombies...or dead people that come back to life and smell like earth and are cold and so on and so forth, but this was the first time I have ever read a book that is about zombies and I loved every single minute of it.

The story is great, the writing is amazing and the characters- well I just love them so much! Amy Garvey...I look forward to seeing more from you in the future and I would like to let you know that this is now one of my favorite debuts for 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! What a way to wake up this morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have me looking forward to this book. definitely moving it up my TBR list. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review! Now I'm even more excited to read Cold Kiss.

    ReplyDelete