Saturday 3 September 2011

{On My Wishlist} 3

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.
Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Release Date: 14 June 2011
Chloe's older sister, Ruby, is the girl everyone looks to and longs for, who can't be captured or caged. When a night with Ruby's friends goes horribly wrong and Chloe discovers the dead body of her classmate London Hayes left floating in the reservoir, Chloe is sent away from town and away from Ruby.
But Ruby will do anything to get her sister back, and when Chloe returns to town two years later, deadly surprises await. As Chloe flirts with the truth that Ruby has hidden deeply away, the fragile line between life and death is redrawn by the complex bonds of sisterhood.
 Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Release Date:14 June 2011
One hour to rewrite the past . . .
For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.
So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

6 comments:

  1. Keegan..I am almost finished with the iron king and plan to start reading Hourglass. I will gladly pass this along to you if you send me a email reminding me with your address. I should be done with it by the end of this coming week.
    dirtybrit@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I got Hourglass but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. :)

    Amy's Wishlist
    Check out my Summer Favorties Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of both of these, especially Hourglass. Hope you get a chance to read it soon :-)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I need to borrow both of these from my daughter. new follower! My wishlist is here:
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2011/09/on-my-wishlist-13.html
    Have a great weekend,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Keegan,
    I've followed you today! Came over from Twitter, where I'll also follow you. I hope you'll stop by my blog, too.
    I have "imaginary Girls" and need to read it. It sounds like such a good read! Let me know if you get "Hourglass" and maybe we can do a swap after we read them!
    Best wishes,
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete