Saturday 24 September 2011

{On My Wishlist} 5

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Release Date: 4 January 2011
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

4 comments:

  1. I recently read Unearthly and enjoyed it, it was my first angel related book. [: Hope you get your hands on it soon. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate
    my on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks to be an awesome read. It's in my TBR list, I just have to get around to it. Great pick! :D
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Unearthly yet, but it's sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya! I'm a new follower.

    I feel really bad now because I have a copy of this book but haven't read it yet. *hides in shame* Seriously, it does look really good and has got some great reviews. I will get to it soon and hopefully you will, too.

    ReplyDelete