Wednesday 7 September 2011

{Review} Passion by Lauren Kate

Release Date:  14 June 2011
Publisher: Doubleday
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 432
Author: Lauren Kate
Buy the Book: Amazon
 
Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel and finally unlock the key to making their love last. Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history. Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames forever. 
My Thoughts:
Lauren Kate did a stunning job with Fallen and Torment and of course I could not wait to read Passion, as soon as I bought this book I dropped the other books I had been reading and began right away with Passion.

Lauren Kate’s writing is exquisite and I loved how I was instantly transported into this mesmerizing world. I just wanted to stay put in this wonderfully written and enticing place that Lauren Kate created for us all.

I could not wait to read more about Luce and Daniel but quite frankly I was disappointed with this book because well, it has a lot of History in it. History may be one of the subjects I do well in, but I loathe it. This book focuses on Luce going through her past lives and witnessing certain events that had taken place in the past between her and Daniel. This was interesting and all; to see how Luce and Daniel had been in the past and I think it was really great that Lauren Kate wanted to show us these lives of theirs, but History is not for me.

With that being said you may very well enjoy this book, but I for one thought that the book was ‘okay’ and it did not make me want more, the only thing I LOVED was Lauren Kate’s writing and I do not regret reading this book due to the fact that the description is so rich and beautiful that I loved every word; the story however...not so much.

I am looking forward to reading Rapture the fourth book in the series and I hope that Lauren does a great job with it because I do not want to be disappointed at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment