Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
(in no particular order)
1. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: I would recommend this books to those who do not read paranormal books because Kiersten White makes the paranormal fun and snarky with awesome characters who draw you in and make the book so enjoyable and addictive!
2. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr: Melissa Marr creates this world which is intriguing and the characters are enticing and you want to get to know so much more about the fey and this world in which they live.
3. A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies: well Jocelyn's writing was just really fun to read and the story was so addictive and I think that fact that the paranormal aspect is mysterious throughout most of the book makes it easier to digest for those who do not often read a lot of paranormal books.
4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: well this book as well as the books that follow are stories that are exciting to read and you really do fall in love with the setting -- New York, and it's interesting to read about all these creatures which lurk in the city!
5. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: because this is what sparked my love for the genre and I'm sure it might do something for some of you out there too! Don't hate...
6. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: Cynthia's writing is addictive and the angels in this book are so intriguing!
7. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford: this book is was hard to put down and so much fun to read despite the darkness it may contain, maybe it would get you ready for books that are a little darker?
8. Need by Carrie Jones: well maybe if you're looking for some sort of paranormal creature that is not overdone, I would recommend Need because its about pixies, the take on the pixies is very interesting indeed.
9. Fallen by Lauren Kate: this book was about angels and extremely addictive, the paranormal aspects are very subtle in a way and makes the book an easy place for new readers to get started.
10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: well this book is more like high fantasy...but the paranormal aspects are there and the writing is simply marvelous!