Friday 20 January 2012

{Review} Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Release Date: 4 October 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Childrens Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 432
Rating:  4- Great
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
My Thoughts:
  At first I was hesitant to read yet another angel book but then I thought about how much I loved Hush, Hush as well as Crescendo and then I couldn’t wait to plant myself within Nora’s brain yet again.

Fitzpatrick wrote this extremely well and I found that it was just as addictive as the first two books, if not more – I think of the main reasons that contributed to this was the fact that I had completely forgotten what went on in the last two books and so when Nora couldn’t remember anything, neither could I! Now I know that this may sound extremely stupid of me, but it made me enjoy it so much due to the fact that I, as well as Nora, had to try and figure things out.

I think that Fitzpatrick did a great with foreshadowing as I could pick up tiny hints and clues as I went along with the story.

One thing I did miss at the beginning of the book was the romance between Patch and Nora, I found the book to be great but I wished I could have seen more of Patch and Nora at the beginning of the book, as an item. I also missed seeing Vee, you get to read about her but do not read about her as often as you did in the first two books.

Despite the aspects that disappointed me, I still think that Becca did a great job, the story had to be that way in order for the book to work the way it did.

Overall; I enjoyed this book and am so excited to read the fourth book, yes there will be a fourth book! 
| Amazon |

1 comment: