Thursday 5 January 2012

{Review} Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Release Date: 4 October 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 352
Rating: 4 Stars- Great 

Their love was meant to be. When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRís. But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

My Thoughts:

 Carrier of the Mark was one of the books that I had greatly anticipated right from the beginning of 2011 when the news broke that Leigh would be the first Inkpopper to be published. I instantly logged on to my un-used account on Inkpop and read a little of Carrier and let me tell you I was instantly drawn into the story. I had to refrain from reading too much as I wanted to read the actual book when it released.

Leigh Fallon sure has an extremely-well flowing writing style which makes the story easy to absorb and fun to read. This book is filled with everything from fantasy to romance to awesome powers!

The characters were actually all awesome and I thought that the elements which the four Marked could manipulate/control suited each character very well. I thought that Fallon did an amazing job with Rian and I loved reading about him. The setting- Ireland; also made this book very interesting and I loved that it was set somewhere different as opposed to what you would find in other YA books.

Some of the vivid images which Leigh creates are truly incredible! The moth scene as well as the scene in which Adam and Meg are on the yatch and he creates a dome of water were great.

With all of that being said, I had read several reviews before I read this book and many people did not hesitate to point out that this book had many similarities to Twilight(no vampires in this book); I did see these similarities and I am a huge Twilight fan, but I would have liked to see something a little different to a girl who moves to a small town in which everyone knows one another and it expecting her and so on. I had to be honest there.

Do not fear, this book is filled with an intriguing story and the world is enticing. The fact that it is like Twilight should not put you off because this is actually a very different story to anything I have ever read and found it oh so addictive.

Leigh; I thank you for this wonderful book which I thoroughly enjoyed and I look forward to the sequel!   
| Amazon |

1 comment:

  1. Have to say that I disagree. I found the read formulaic and poorly executed. Personally, I found it like Twilight but with the names changed. Must say I was shocked and very disappointed to read about Leigh Fallon's attack of those who wrote negative reviews. I'd say her publicist is working hard to clean that up.

    ReplyDelete