Monday 16 January 2012

{Cover Crazy} 11: The Selection by Kiera Cass



Cover Crazy is hosted by Tawni at The Book WormsStop by and join in on the fun.
This week I am crazy about the cover for:
The Selection by Kiera Cass
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. 
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. 
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
I think that this may very well be one of the best covers of 2012 for me so far! I like the "icy" feel that the cover gives off. I also find the girl to be intriguing and for some off reason she reminds me of a swan. I am baffled as to whether those other girls are the reflection of the girl in the center or if they are completely different people entirely. My eyes are playing tricks on me!
I think the font that was chose for this book was perfect for the title, it is simple and elegant and it matches the crown embellishment that is placed above the title, perfectly!
What Cover are you Crazy for this week?

5 comments:

  1. This cover is pretty sweet. I'd probably kill someone for that dress. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this cover!! All the reflections totally creep me out though, like they're going to turn around lol
    Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around. I LOVE it too. I qued it for one of my CC posts, but I've seen so many people use it I probably won't. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover so stinking much. I think I featured this once as well. Can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this cover!!

    Here is my Cover Crazy

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete