Friday 27 January 2012

{Review} The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Release Date: 5 January 2009
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 454
Rating:  5- Wonderful
Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. But Katniss has been close to death before - and survival, for her, is second nature.




My Thoughts:
 I was a little late to hop on The Hunger Games band-wagon, okay I was very far behind but I decided to give these books a shot once I heard a movie was being made, like any other avid YA reader out there, I had once upon a time, sworn to read books before I watched the movies.

Book-to-movie adaptations are always strange as books are always better, and I knew that I would not be able to watch the movie without reading the books first – I mean, if I had watched the movie and thought it was good, then I would’ve wanted to read the books and that would have ruined the books for me as I would have mental images of what the characters looked like from the movie. Imagination is everything and more!

Anyways, I was glad that I had finally sat down to read this book because it was fantastic! I don’t do well with books about actions, but this book was just so thrilling and fast paced.

With this book I had great expectations from all the hype I had heard as well as all the books people have compared to THE HUNGER GAMES, this book truly is legendary and I was finally able to see why people enjoyed it so much.

Suzanne Collins made the book so beautiful despite the tough situations Katniss may have been in, the way suspense was ever present and anything could happen – anyone could die at any given moment was great!

I liked the fact that this book, despite being almost too addictive and exciting to put down, had a great message and that message was to face your fears. We all have fears and I think this book taught me that I can face some of them.
I’ll leave you with this statement: I now know why so many people are comparing books to the Hunger Games, it means that the book is almost as good as the legendary series created by Suzanne Collins!
| Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment