Sunday 10 April 2011

Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver

Release Date: 17 December 2010
Publisher:  St. Martins Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy the Book:  Amazon

A Demon Trapper’s bonus story.
Before Riley Blackthorne can take on Grade Five demons, she has to trap her very first. Her debut solo trapping experience should be a breeze, just a harmless Grade One after all. But throw in some dippy hippies (whose peace signs and Patchouli really aren’t driving any demons away), one mischievous demon, and a run-in with the police, and Riley might not be able to pull it off...




 I have not read The Demon Trappers Daughter but once I found Retro Demonology on Kobo I decided to download it and read it and when I read I definitely fell for Jana Oliver’s writing.

Oliver’s writing is both wonderfully descriptive and quirky. I loved the main character, Riley. She was both strange and cool and wonderfully written. I think that this short little story is great because although I had not yet read the novel that this story originated from I was still able to understand and fully enjoy the story without worrying about anything and this was also a great way for people to find out if they would like to read the Demon Trappers Daughter.

I advise you to read this short story. It has a fun new take on demons and makes the hunting sound fun and exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment