Thursday 14 April 2011

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Release Date: 22 February 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 336
Author: Melissa Marr
Buy the Book: Amazon


The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.
Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win . . . and some will lose everything.
The thrilling conclusion to Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless.

My Thoughts: 

Melissa Marr is a writer with amazing talents and not one of her works has disappointed me and I have read everything by her that has been published so far. She has an exquisite way of using words that weave in to mesmerizing tales.

Darkest Mercy really surprised me, especially the ending! Wow. I initially thought that there would not a likeable ending but there is, I am not saying it is either happy or sad. All I am saying is that in a way it is sad but in a way a very happy ending.

The writing that Melissa Marr has done for this novel is just stunning to me. He characters are real and people can relate to their situations...somehow...just minus the faeries.

Melissa Marr still has not let me down with one of her works, she is simply amazing and I advise you all to read her books. The Wicked Lovely books seemed to improve as she wrote the series. They just got better and better so just try to image what she will be able to do when the rest of the books she has in her head are publish...okay that might be too much to imagine but you get my point.

1 comment:

  1. This does sound good.

    I am a new follower! :D

    I hope you are currently enjoying starcrossed, I'm looking forward to reading that one, but I have read some mixed reviews.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete