Friday 11 March 2011

Entice by Carrie Jones Review

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.


Review: 
Well it was great to return to this wonderfully written world that Carrie Jones has created. He writing is fun and has a bit of what seems to me as a teenage edge to it. This book has some defiant spunk and is a great read.
I loved the characters and I loved the way in which the author writes. I was not so sure about Zara anymore as she was supposed to be different from the main female characters we mostly read about that are weak and fragile, instead Zara was supposed to be butt-kicking chick who could defend herself and believe me in most parts of this book she could but I just felt like that was almost a facade of sorts and that the weakness was supposed to peek through but I do not know if this was supposed to be what Zara was supposed to be like for this book. Anyway I still loved this book and could not put it down.
I am so happy for the ending it had me dancing with joy and I cannot wait to read the fourth book. Well I don’t have much to say all I can really say is that you should definitely read this and I am positive you should enjoy this series as it has lots of fun and serious elements and there is also romance and action. It is perfect and wonderful and oh-I better stop gushing. Just go and read it and fall in love with the words that will keep you bound to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment