Tuesday 7 August 2012

-Waiting on Wednesday- 23: Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
In a city of daimons, rigid class lines separate the powerful from the power-hungry. And at the heart of The City is the Carnival of Souls, where both murder and pleasure are offered up for sale. Once in a generation, the carnival hosts a deadly competition that allows every daimon a chance to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures--if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live. All Mallory knows of The City is that her father--and every other witch there--fled it for a life in exile in the human world. Instead of a typical teenage life full of friends and maybe even a little romance, Mallory scans quiet streets for threats, hides herself away, and trains to be lethal. She knows it's only a matter of time until a daimon finds her and her father, so she readies herself for the inevitable. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence and danger that is the Carnival of Souls.
I am one of Melissa Marr's biggest fans; I have loved every single book she has written so far and love her world building. I believe that this book will not disappoint as the blurb itself sounds so good! 
What are you Waiting on this Wednesday?
Leave a link and I'll be sure to check out your posts!

19 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read this one, too! I've only read one other book by Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely) but I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read more of her books!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this one either. Great pick.

    New follower. Here's my Wow
    http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is awesome.. fabulous pick :)

    Here's my WoW @ Realms of an Open Mind

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ARC of this and am so excited to read it! I love Melissa Marr!

    My WOW
    And check out my giveaway I'm giving this book away HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already heard some positive things about this one. It looks great :D

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of your blog! I am not sure how I feel about the Wicked Lovely books, but this sounds awesome. Great WoW pick. Check out mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing this one a lot. I need to check this author out and see what she is all about.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved her Wicked Lovely series (my blog is named after one of them!) so I'm super pumped to jump back into her writing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! This is high up on my to read list!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for the release of this one either! It sounds amazing and I've heard only good things about it from those who have received ARCs! Awesome pick! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    P.S. - You can enter to win a pre-ordered copy of this book and more on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait either! So glad you're excited for it too. :)

      Delete
  11. Fantastic pick! I'm a big Melissa Marr fan too & I cannot wait for this one!

    Loving your blog, new GFC follower. :]

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait[Vixen1]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read Graveminder, but I loved Melissa Marr's writing style in that one, so I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I haven't read any of Melissa Marr's novels before, but there is always a time to start! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't get into the Wicked Lovely series, but maybe I'll fair better with this one. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    Sarah @ That Teenage Feeling

    ReplyDelete