Tuesday 14 February 2012

{Top Ten Tuesday} 10


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little
(in no particular order)
1. Entangled by Cat Clarke: this book was really something that my heart became so attached to very quickly and I think that it had to do with Cat's writing and the compelling, sad and haunting stories she is able to tell.
2. Perfect by Ellen Hopkins: well this was the first verse novel that I ever read and the touchy subjects really took my heart on a roller coaster ride which I enjoyed but at the same time, I wanted to cry.
3. Rival by Sarah Bennett Wealer: this book was awesome! But I did want to cry every now and again when I thought back to the ending. The ending is not sad but I felt like the friendship in the book is maybe something that anyone could relate to and would really connect with, despite the ups and downs. 
4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: Wither is most likely my favorite book ever and it broke my heart when there were deaths, because death is not something we want to be taunted by and Lauren did a great job of conveying the emotions and making readers feel it too.  
5. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: this book literally tore my heart into two, what goes on between Will, Jem and Tessa really did break my heart. Great book!
6. Torn by Cat Clarke: in this book Cat really showed me how guilt could eat away at your heart, just by making us read about her characters.
7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: the letter in the front of the book still keeps me guessing and I want to know who Mara Dyer really is!
8. Shatter Mer by Tahereh Mafi: because we all conform to what someone else wants us to be, every now and again. I hate doing it but I find I can't help doing it anymore, and so this book taught me to be myself, even if it was just a little bit more of me that would be shown.
9. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr: I want more from Melissa Marr! I lover her writing and her beautiful style, she writes amazing stories and I felt that my heart had broken by the end of Darkest Mercy because the series was finally finished and the reader has truly been through so much with the characters.
10. Clean by Amy Reed: because this story is so emotion and raw, absolutely stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment