Thursday 2 February 2012

{Review} The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Release Date: 27 September 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 452
Rating:  5- Wonderful
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong. It can
My Thoughts: 
Well my friend Amy over at Lady Reader’s Bookstuff had nudged me into finally reading this book and...wow! Thank you Amy! This book was simply shocking and amazing!

I had heard so many great things about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer before I had started reading it and I had hoped so dearly, that it would live up to the hype, and I couldn’t believe it when it became so addictive and intriguing. This book literally blew my mind.

Michelle really did write one heck of an amazing book, the mystery and suspense was killing me and I found that the letter at the beginning of the book was something that still had me guessing after I had turned the final page. Her writing style is effortless and intriguing and so, so beautifully addictive that I simply could not put this book down.

I thought that the characters were extremely well written and I think that I actually fell in love with all of them. The characters that I enjoyed reading about the most though were Jamie, Noah and of course Mara!

This book was mysterious, addictive and intriguing. I cannot wait to read the next book as I am eagerly waiting to find out who Mara Dyer really is, so I am going to leave you with one single question:
Who is Mara Dyer?
| Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment