Wednesday 29 February 2012

{Review} Perfect by Ellen Hopkins


Release Date: 13 September 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderly Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 622
Rating:  5- Wonderful

In this riveting and startling companion to "Impulse," northern Nevada teenagers Cara, Kendra, Sean, and Andre, tell in their own voices of their very different paths toward perfection and how their goals change when tragedy strikes.


My Thoughts: 
[I thought I would do a review that is a little different to any reviews I have ever written before, in honor of Ellen Hopkins]

Perfect breaks my heart,
watches me fall,
and hears me cry.
Perfect is beautiful,
dare I say 'perfect'.
Written in words so lovely,
so terrifying,
yet so true.
Perfect,
to be perfect means the world,
to most,
to me-- perfection is this book.
Oh, Ellen Hopkins;
how you broke my heart,
yet never failed to make me smile.
Perfect,
perfect,
perfect...
We can never be perfect,
but we strive,
fight,
and break.
Until there is nothing left but mere words-
words so lovely as these,
Thank you Ellen Hopkins!
| Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment