Sunday 8 April 2012

{Review} Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr

Release Date: 19 July 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 418
Rating:  5- Wonderful

An enthralling collection of short stories featuring favorite characters from Melissa Marr's bestselling Wicked Lovely series.

My Thoughts:
Melissa Marr instantly made me one of her biggest fans when it came to the Wicked Lovely series, from then on I have been a loyal follower and have bought just about every book and short story that she has published, she has yet to disappoint me.

Faery Tales and Nightmares is an anthology that is made up of all of Melissa’s published short stories, some of the stories, I had read before buying this anthology, although I did find myself being pulled back into these brief world’s wanting to read the stories again. One of the main reasons why I loved this book was due to the fact that I got to read more stories from the world of Wicked Lovely, a series which I miss all to dearly.

Melissa Marr has this inexplicably fantastic way to combine folklore and modern day tales into beautifully woven stories that never fail to leave me breathless. My favourite story in this book, had to be—by far—Winter’s Kiss as the concept was so intriguing and fun and just a great read as a whole.

I love this book because whenever I find myself wanting more from the world of Wicked Lovely and it’s awesome characters, I know that I can simply select one of the stories that is a short story set in the same world as the Wicked Lovely series and then immerse myself yet again, in this wonderful world which I often find myself craving.

There are other stories in this anthology about creatures, other than fey, such as stories about Selchies and Vampires, all I would like to say is that all of these stories are absolutely marvellous and an absolute thrill to read.

One of the things that makes Marr’s writing so great and the world seem so real, is the fact that she has a unique writing style that is both beautiful and simple, as well as elegant and I will continue to support her, as I know that she will never fail to amaze me. She sure left be breathless with this amazing anthology.

| Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment