Monday 22 August 2011

{Review} Clarity by Kim Harrington

Release Date:  1 March 2011
Publisher: Scholastic Point
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 242
Author: Kim Harrington
Buy the Book: Amazon
When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift. And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?
My Thoughts:
This book had a really intense start and that really caught be at the beginning of the book and I found this stunning debut to be so refreshing and great as well as addictive.

I am not always a fan of mystery books but loved this book to bits as it also contained romance and paranormal aspects, with that being said I would have liked the book to revolve more around Clare and her gift. However I want more from Harrington and I can only hope that the next book; Perception will perhaps revolve around Clare's gift.

Although this book was short, I still my found myself loving the characters and I really did enjoy Clare as the main character and cannot wait to read about her and all the rest of the characters again. 

The ending of this book was actually a really great way to end things but still leave you wanting more. I felt that the ending ended off the book well and tied up the story and really left me wondering what could happen in the next book seeing as most of the case was solved in this book.

This was a great 2011 debut and I look forward to reading more from Kim Harrington. She sure knows how to blend in romance and mystery with great writing and an exceptional voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment