Friday 30 March 2012

{Review} Torn by Cat Clarke

Release Date: 22 December 2011
Publisher: Quercus
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 378
Rating:  5- Wonderful
Four girls. One dead body. A whole lot of guilt. Alice King isn’t expecting the holiday of a lifetime when she sets off with her classmates on a trip to the Scottish wilderness, but she’s not exactly prepared for an experience beyond her darkest nightmares… Alice and her best friend Cass are stuck in a cabin with Polly, the social outcast, and Rae, the moody emo-girl. Then there’s Tara – queen of mean. Powerful, beautiful and cruel, she likes nothing better than putting people down. Cass decides it’s time to teach Tara a lesson she’ll never forget. And so begins a series of events that will change the lives of these girls forever... A compelling story of guilty secrets, troubled friendship and burgeoning love.
 My Thoughts: 
Cat stunned me with her debut, Entangled. She has now easily made herself one of my favourite authors because Torn, literally tore me apart and pulled my heart strings into several directions at once leaving me breathless and shocked.

Torn made me experience a whole range of emotions in which I wanted to cry and also wanted to laugh. One of the things about Cat’s books, is that she always manages to deliver an important message by the end of the book and the book or story she writes, always seems to be just as haunting as the beautiful cover and the title.

Torn, was the story about girls who came from different social circles to tackle the queen of mean. When you find yourself in one of these situations one should always think about their actions. We are all judged according to how we look and no one ever really seems to see past what they see and so they have a very narrow view on what a particular person in a certain group is really like. In Torn, I was able to see what it was like from someone else’s perspective and in turn, how they saw others. Which I found to be incredibly cool!

This story was haunting, emotional and beautiful and I couldn’t help but fall for each and every character no matter how much they hurt someone else or how nice they were because in the end, all of the characters were human and all humans make mistakes...

I would like to thank Cat for being the awesome author that she is, she writes amazing books that haunt me and keep me thinking long after I have read the final page! Everyone, read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment